Saturday, April 01, 2006

Policy...my foot

Landed KLIA on time, dashed my way out, swapped my SIM card, and called the guy whom I have earlier made an arrangement for a rental car. Good ol’regular was there waiting. Got in the car and headed to KL. It was raining real heavy, I mean REAL heavy, so traffic was a bitch, it took me close to 2 hours to reach hotel. My intention was to settle down well before the closing of business hour, so I could accomplish my business as much as possible that day, and spare the other day for other errands, before routing back to my hometown. I only had like a thousand things to do.
So I was at the hotel reception, there was this young overly “make-up” lady (resembling Chinese Opera Lady) manning the counter. Told her my name, and yes my room was ready. So this ‘super-slow-motion lady’ asked for my credit card. Gave her the card and 'slow-motionly' she keyed in the details in verifying machine. For some unfuckingknown reasons my credit card was not read well by that stupid machine. Well, I told her that I knew my card was ok, it was just her machined that fucked up. But I needed the room for I have not slept since I left.
Chinese Opera Lady (COL) : Ada card lain tak encik?
Me : Tak de, apa pasal?
COL : Card ni tak boleh pakai la.
Me : Tak ade. But can you just check me through fisrt and later I will go out and withdraw money and put a cash deposit. (I didn't have a local currency, and had earlier asked her whether she could accept foreign currency, I mean the ones that I have, not USD or Pound Sterling, to which she said no)
COL : Tak boleh ini polisi kita, we cannot release the room unless ada deposit. So encik kena keluar kan duit la.

Me : Cik pergi check with your boss dulu.

Come on…the room was reserved via corporate booking, not personnel, and the fact that I have been loyal to the hotel (believe me at one point of my career years, I was putting up at the hotel at least once a week for about two years), I was sure that the system will bear my details, my employer details et al, and yeap....I thought the COL would consult her supervisor and they would say "oh.. this good guy is our regular here and he would not steal RM300 worth of a night stay... heck let him in.... and don't forget to send a bouquet of fruits to his room"

But NO...COL came back with "Ini polisi kita cik….Encik kena keluarkan duit and bagi cash deposit" For crying out loud, was I talking to a machine or a soul with a heart here??? I was so pissed off, I could not fucking believe that young bitch made me walking to the nearest ATM after I told her my pathetic tale of needing a room immeditaly (I was not sure what trouble she'd give to people when she develops into a full grown super bitch later!).

Policy my ass!! Luckily the ATM was just around the corner, I withdrew and paid her the deposit.

No comments: