Monday, April 03, 2006

a good smack or two will do the trick

Yesterday missus called from our daughter play-school telling me that our little precious just refused to get into her class, she was pleading her mom with trillions ‘purr..lizzzs’ at every sentence uttered by her to just go home. Missus was a bit upset because our daughter has never acted like this, she was always looking forward to sing, paint and color. I told missus just to take her home, I kinda sense what the dilemma was.
You see there were times when missus was a bit stretched and thus asked me to fetch our daughter from school. So whenever I took her, driving home I’d always posed her with these ‘how-was-school-what-did-you-learn-at-school’ kinda questions, just to keep a conversation. More than once she told me about her friends picking on her – like pulling her hair or hit her. I wasn’t showing a reaction though, but it sure pissed me off!
Ok not that I was irrational or anything but I mean there are adults there that could’ve at least kept an eye on some little devils who like to pick on other kids. I wanted to tell the teacher but thought better of it.
Well, I mean kids are kids (though a smack or two will do the trick!), but teachers there should be more observant of some kids’ mischievous behavior. Being in that profession, they should be very familiar with kids’ sorta tribulations. And they should damn well know that at this tender age, it is very fundamental for the youngs to be appropriately molded. I guess that’s the whole purpose of us parents sending our small ones to this play school - not to learn rocket science and algorithm, but amongst others to acquire the very basic of proper behaviour in development, like socializing so these little brats will not turn into some scumbags that can bring the whole civilization down in the future.
May be I am taking this a little way to hard, but I deem I have a point or two here.

No comments: