Sunday, April 02, 2006

Jamboree

When I was in KL, I was breathlessly juggling my time between getting my things-to-do list done and meeting friends (hey..I need to write this just in case missus read, she knows that her good hubby was not just fooling around in KL). I met few friends over cuppa latte at one of those café/bistro at KLCC, and being there rendered 99 percent chances of meeting more and more friends, so I ended up spending more time hanging there than what I had initially planned.
Anyway, I came to know that there will be another gathering of old boys, and this time it would be a grand one (for unknown reason) and would be held at our old college premises. Well… I sure am gonnal miss this again…
No… the truth is, I never want to go to this limbo jamboree. I don’t know if it’s just me but up till now I’m falling short in comprehending the benefit of turning up. The alumni association is a down right waste of, if not time, money. It is just so bizarre that an association with some influential members in it is going nowhere after all these years. It is a shamble with no clear goal other than getting together and borak borak kosong, hu ha hu ha and repeating stories of old days over and over again. But again, if you think about it, ... what do you expect from a big association with members coming from all level of intellect and mentality….from the extreme ‘keris’ mentality, liberalized pro, lay back ass, childish pathetic yuppy to complete looser - It'll take decades to lay out a simple plan.
I’d love to see an alumni association with a strong networking and clear vision for members to carve up and benefit from it.
I have gone to the website, it was half-baked and outdated.

No comments: