Sunday, April 23, 2006

Free ride.. no more

Months ago, I registered my interest on-line to one seminar that will be held in KL. It's a 5-day seminar and scheduled in mid May.


The website says crap like “...it is an event that you can not miss.... past seminars were held with great success in Los Angeles, London, Tokyo and Frankfurt…bla bla bla… hear what past participants have to say…it enriches your knowledge in …ba bla bla…"


Yeah right…gimme a break you blood sucking leech profit oriented organizer…all you care is sucking money legitimately from big corporations who do not bothered much about spending money on lunatics who yearn for once in a while be away from their boss or wives. Truth is, nobody wants to sit and listen to something they already knew for 5 straight days if not for the free vacation with food and accommodation that go with it– believe me Mr Organizer! (well…like you care, anyway).


Not that I reaaaalllyyy want to enhance my already rusted brain with this seminar, but the timing of this event coincides with my scheduled trip to KL for some personnel affairs. So it is kinda free flight for me to fly there. I didn’t tell my boss when I made this online registration, until recently when the organizer e-mailed and called me to confirm my participation. So, as a good asswipe employee that I am, I forwarded the email to my boss with a fancy fiction justifying the need for me to attend the seminar. I hope he would read and understand my dire need to enrich myself with additional super knowledge garnered from this seminar, which in turn would be poured down to other poor soles in the company.


That was a week ago, but up till now, no news from boss yet. I kinda wondering what is holding up his decision, (either he bump into my blog and found out my real intention of going or he just don’t feel like letting me go this time).

I know my boss, he’d normally reply to e-mails within seconds he receive them. He is very good at this electronic communication - even if you cough or fart he will reply with an email asking “what’s that?” that’s how fast and efficient he is in replying an email, but not this time…I felt like seeing him personally but again, I detest the situation where I have to orally justify the trip…I guess I am just so spoilt with the marvel of electronic communications.

Whatever it is, I hope he'll reply soon else I have to buy my own ticket. My left hand itch lately…. …*sigh*

No comments: