Sunday, March 19, 2006

For the sake of argument.... yeah right !

I bet you’ve heard that expression like a thousand times through out your career life, especially when you are into some dialogue with colleague, clients, contractors or even your missus. It seems that we sometime utter something without even think of the rationale.

Yesterday I was on the phone quarrelling with one mathafucca asshole who thought that he was a super rocket scientist born from his momma big ass. The argument went on for like 10 minutes before I told him that I’ve had enough of his screwed up theory and I was not going to carry on with the ineffectual conversation. I wanted to nicely put down my phone at that moment, and he was like “oh well… I am not trying to pick an issue or being difficult here, this is just for the sake of argument this and that bla bla bla… ."
See what I mean…why would anyone want to argue just for the unadorned sake of argument?
You would argue for the sake of reaching an agreement, solving something, or attaining to certain concession satisfying both arguing parties.
You don’t argue for the sake of argument, that is it!

No comments: