Saturday, March 18, 2006

Are we there yet ??

There are just so many e-group on the net, people create group for every darn reason that they can come up with. There are group to name a few, by common interest, by age cap, by profession, by status, by sex orientation or disorientation (I like this…which I frequent more…(lust wife, sex-hungered-widow, lesbo, M&S …) and hell there’re just too many of them.

Well I subscribed to one of these e-groups, an alumnus of our high school some 20 years ago. I am not really an active member like some who shoot emails like every damn jiffy, but I do read all incoming mails from members. Its fun though, it does bring back good ol’memories of student days. The discussion has been always amusing, members are passing jokes, fill in development of other friends, teachers, mak cik dhobi and mak cik dapur, updating how many kids and wife one has, offering opportunities (there are some ‘big’ man here too!) and all.
I kinda lost touch with most of my friends here except for one or two, and the fact that I’ve never turned up to any gathering that the group sometime organize, I could not imagine how these people all look like now. So when reading their emails, I’d imagine the same old silly faces that I know during our schooling days.

But of late, it hit me hard when the matter of discussion revolved around penyakit – gall bladder, diabetes, high blood and all these. It started when one of our friends was telling everybody that he’s recovering from an operation that removed stone which he had suffered for quite sometime. And the thread went on with more and more members telling their pathetic stories. I was like shit, we are getting old, these are all ailments that we used to hear our old folks have, but now we are talking about us suffering them.
Are we that old already???

No comments: